Contact us to request support for educators to help them to provide effective sexual health education.
Targeted audience: teaching personnel, professionals and support staff in the education sector and in the health and social services sector.
Under the MEES curriculum sexual health education will be offered in all Quebec schools. The SHNQ can help by acting as support or through the provision of resources and tools for educators.
The SHNQ can help educators identify strategies to be able to provide accurate and inclusive sexual health education. They can also work with educators on the following areas:
- Examining their own attitudes and values
- Establishing ground rules to create a trusting atmosphere
- Feeling comfortable in teaching the sexual health
- Answering value-based questions
- Using teaching materials and learning activities
- Integrating sex education into other subject areas
LGBTQ inclusive sexual health education
The SHNQ is committed to creating content and resources that is inclusive to all youth, including youth who identify as LGBTQ+. Should you require inclusive material, workshops or training, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org